18 powerful quotes to inspire you to become a better leader
Whether you’re leading a huge team or a challenging project, leadership can be lonely. You will need to look for inspiration from within yourself, and from others who have gone that path. Thankfully, the best leaders in history have left us with some great inspirational soundbites to help us lead the way.
Here are some of the best quotes on how to be a better leader. Share them, tweet them, and most importantly use them to inspire you to become an even better leader than you already are.
Feel free to share and use the images for personal or commercial use, but without any modifications.
Leadership quotes to inspire you
1. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” ~ Peter F. Drucker
2. “Fall down seven times. Stand up eight” ~ Japanese Proverb
3. “Do not go where the path may lead instead go where there is no path and leave a trail” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Don’t blow off another’s candle for it won’t make yours shine brighter.” ~ Jaachynma N.E. Agu
5. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” ~ Jim Rohn
6. “Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.” ~ Malcolm Muggeridge
7. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
8. “Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another.” ~ John C. Maxwell
9. “If you really want the key to success, start by doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing.” ~ Brad Szollose
10. “A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” ~ George Patton
11. “I cannot give you a formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure, which is: try to please everybody.” ~ Herbert Bayard Swope
12. “Surround yourself with great people; delegate authority; get out of the way” ~ Ronald Reagan
13. “The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes.” ~ Tony Blair
14. “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.” ~ Steve Jobs
Leadership quotes that will make you laugh
15. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” ~ Margaret Mead
16. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
17. “First rule of leadership: everything is your fault.” ~ A Bug’s Life
18. “I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade … And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” ~ Ron White
Which one is your favorite quote? Please share with us in the comments below.